Chicago Fittings X-Riser Service Head Adapter-Anode-less Full Flex Riser, 1/2 in. MPT x 1/2 in. CTS, SDR 7 x 36 OAL. It’s our feeling at Chicago Fittings, that Natural Gas and Propane Gas systems should have as few joints as possible, and more importantly, those joints should be located above ground wherever possible. The X-Riser with an integral service head adapter accomplishes both criteria. The use of an X-Riser removes a minimum of (2) below grade joints per riser when compared to that of a standard pigtail style anode-less riser. In addition, those joints, buried below ground are now moved to a single above grade joint eliminating the risks and liabilities associated with below grade joints. With the use of the X-Riser system, gas is distributed from main to meter, meter to appliance, or propane tank to house with a solid (jointless) underground pipe. Combining this philosophy with the long list of features and benefits of the elastic sealing technology makes the X-Riser the most reliable, safest and most cost-effective method for gas piping systems. The typical after-the-meter installation comparing the use of the X-Riser to a traditional prebent pigtail style riser with stab couplings yields a removal of a total of (10) joints and most importantly, eliminates the (4) joints buried below grade. With the X-Riser swivel capabilities we also remove the need for a union and nipple to make the connection above grade.
- No underground joints 1 solid service line from point-to-point with above ground terminations
- No chamfering required eliminates the need for chamfer tools and fusion equipment, a simple clean cut is all that is required
- 1-piece bi-directional seal and built in stiffener – seal assembly can’t be installed improperly, eliminates worries of order and orientation of multiple internal components
- No torque requirement all Chicago fittings products incorporate the bottoming or positive stop design, simply tighten the compression nut until it is metal-to-metal and you are done
- IAPMO/UPC/IPC Listed
- Must be installed by trained personnel in accordance with NFPA 58 and 54 state and local codes