- The LYCO Anodeless Meter Riser provides a positive transition joint between polyethylene pipe and the gas carrying steel pipe of the meter assembly set, and requires no cathodic protection below ground. Proven reliability with over 15 million LYCO Meter Risers installed since 1973. LYCO Anodeless Meter Risers provide market leading savings with a high level of quality and volume production. The simple design concepts used in the gas-tight PE to Steel transition provides lower component costs with virtually no field repair or replacement time required by the field crews. The design and production methods used in compressing the gas-tight transition fitting provides a PE to steel joint that is many times stronger than the PE pipe itself. In addition, each LYCO Meter Riser is 100% pressure tested prior to shipment.
- LYCO Anodeless Meter Risers meet all DOT 192.281, 192.283, 192.375 and ASTM D-2513 CAT-1 specifications.
- R.W. Lyall & Company pioneered the industry's first anodeless meter riser utilizing a ground level transition between polyethylene pipe and the steel pipe of the riser outlet, eliminating the need for cathodic protection for gas-carrying steel pipe installed below ground.
- The LYCO transition fitting provides a leak-proof seal between the smooth ID surface of the polyethylene pipe and grooved steel spigot.
- An electrostatically applied epoxy coating on the riser casing provides long-term underground corrosion protection of the metal casing. A water t