The SmartlockPro Outlet Branch Circuit (OBC) AFCI Receptacle offers advanced technology to help protect against electrical fires resulting from arc-faults. Designed to detect a wide range of potentially hazardous arc-faults resulting from damage in branch circuit wiring as well as extensions to branches such as appliances and cord sets, the OBC AFCI responds by interrupting power. This helps reduce the likelihood of the homes electrical system being an ignition source of a fire. Often unseen, arc-faults can occur anywhere in the homes electrical system including within walls, at loose electrical connections or within electrical cords accidently damaged by impinging furniture. AFCIs are now required by the National Electrical Code in many areas of the home.
- Use of test and reset buttons is similar to traditional GFCI receptacles of which consumers have become familiar with translates into greater acceptance of the technology and a more user-friendly platform
- Automatically tests the AFCI every time the reset button is depressed; the AFCI will not reset if the AFCI circuit is not functioning properly
- By blocking reset of the AFCI if protection has been compromised, the SmartlockPro OBC AFCI reduces the possibility of end-users incorrectly assuming that a reset AFCI is providing protection when its functionality has been compromised
- A line-load reversal diagnostic feature is provided which prevents the AFCI from being reset and stops power from being fed to the AFCI receptacle face or through to downstream devices; a green LED indicator on the AFCIs face also illuminates to alert the installer to a line-load wiring reversal when the device is in the tripped state
- TR symbol indicates the devices compliance with the latest NEC requirements for tamper-resistant receptacles in residences and childcare facilities
Proposition 65 Information
WARNING: These products may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. www.p65warnings.ca.gov