The steam canister is responsible for generating the steam that your humidifier then distributes throughout your home. Current runs between 2 electrodes within the canister, heating your water to a boil and creating steam that is distributed through your HVAC system. At the end of a humidifier season, the canister requires replacement. Aprilaire has been there since the beginning by introducing the first whole-home humidifier in 1954. Since then, we’ve continued to focus on quality design, engineering and manufacturing to deliver Healthy Humidity to every home. Healthy Humidity reduces the incidence and risk of respiratory infections from airborne viruses. It also helps remedy your dry skin, chronic sore throat, frequent nosebleeds and static shock. Additionally, proper humidity levels protect your home’s wood furnishings from cracking or splitting while lowering your energy bill.
- Canister consists of a plastic shell with 2 zinc-plated electrodes inside electrical current is passed through water to facilitate boiling, providing a space where water can convert to steam and provide humidification
- Lasts 1-year, replace canister annually for optimal performance
- 0.75 Gal. tank allows for 1 Gal. to 3 Gal. of moisture per hour to be added to the home up to 34.6 Gal. can be added to home per day
- Provides humidity up to 5,200 sq. ft. in tightly built homes
- Helps maintain optimal humidity in your home of 40% to 60% which has been shown to reduce the incidence of respiratory infections and symptoms related to allergies and asthma by minimizing the formation of bacteria, viruses, fungi and dust mites while this may be ideal for home comfort and health, it may result in condensation on your windows resulting in home damage observing the recommended RH levels on your humidifier control is an important safeguard
- Electrode technology requires impurities in the water to promote the transfer of electricity water filtration is not recommended – minimizing installation complexity and operating costs
- Steam humidifier models 800 and 865
5 years from installation
There are no reviews yet.